Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
It provides a chance to receive trainings on journalism and EU regional policy, a mentorship from established journalists from your country and working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
Furthermore, selected participants will also have the chance to visit EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions and take part as journalists in European Commission press trips to Member States (all expenses covered by the European Commission).
Plus selected participants also qualify for the Megalizzi-Niedzielski prize for aspiring journalists.
Eligible applicants should:
- be a citizen of a EU Member State or an EU neighbouring country.
- be from 18 to 30 years old
- demonstrate a real interest in journalism through studies and/or work experience or be a recent journalism graduate (up to 2 years since graduation) with up to 2 years of journalism experience
- have not participated in previous editions of the Youth4Regions Programme
- All successful applicants will be invited to Brussels to attend the Youth4Regions Programme during the EU Regions’ Week (8 – 14 October 2022), for which the European Commission will cover travel and accommodation.
- The programme include trainings on journalism and EU regional policy, mentorship from established journalists, visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions, as well as the unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States.
How to apply
- fill in the online form
- send a short article (2500 to 6250 words) or a short video reportage (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (including Interreg) or Cohesion Fund.
- the article or short video must cover the theme of « youth empowerment ».
- Contributions are accepted in all of the 24 EU official languages. However, in case of video submissions a short written summary in English is required.
Deadline to apply 11th July 2022, 17:00 CET.
Selection results will be available on 15 August.
Read more here.