Traineeships at the EUI
Every year, the European University Institute (EUI) offers a number of traineeship opportunities for motivated talents from various academic and professional backgrounds.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a field of your choice, building your career in an international and multicultural research organisation while enjoying the cultural, social, and recreational facilities in one of the most vibrant cities in the world, Florence (Italy).
The EUI offers two types of traineeship:
- A paid traineeship of one year, or;
- An unpaid traineeship of a maximum length of 3 months, when the traineeship is compulsory in the framework of the university studies.
The traineeship is open to all eligible candidates without discrimination on any grounds, such as sex, gender, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, membership of a national minority, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Eligibility for paid traineeships.
- Be nationals of the Member States of the European Union and of candidate countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy;
- Have a good knowledge of English (CEFR level: B2 or above), and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary to the performance of the duties.
- Have completed the first cycle of university studies and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications.
- Have obtained their last university diploma no longer than three years prior to the deadline for applications. The three years rule is not applicable to trainees enrolled in further university studies at the moment of their application for the traineeship at the EUI.
To be considered for an unpaid traineeship, candidates should:
- Be currently enrolled in a recognised university degree programme.
Type and duration
Paid traineeship: one-year maximum duration. Shorter traineeships may be granted provided that the minimum duration is 3 months.
The trainee will receive a grant of €1,360 per month, plus a reimbursement of travel expenses incurred at the beginning and the end of the traineeship.
Unpaid traineeship: for a period up to a maximum of 3 months. Trainees may receive a grant from their home university/organisation as defined by the inter-institutional agreement.
Traineeships should start on the 1st day of February, April, June, September, and November.
Read more here.