Pop the Vote! Culture on the Ballot
Culture Action Europe is inviting young artists and student artists, aged 18-30, to be Changemakers in their communities for a project that aims to mobilise citizens using art and culture as tools to enhance political participation in the EP elections in June 2024.
- Young artists, student artists and/or cultural workers
- Resident in: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
- Between 18 and 30 years of age.
Funding and Support
Selected Changemakers will receive the following:
- A 7-day training course hosted in Belgium
- Travel to and from each Changemaker’s resident countries and Belgium
- 6 nights of accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for 7 days
- Each Changemaker will be contracted as a volunteer of Culture Action Europe (from February to June 2023) and will receive 1,197 EUR in total to support the execution of their engagement events.
Requirements for applicants
- Only one application per person will be accepted.
- Applications from organisations will not be accepted, however, if you are accepted to the project as a Changemaker, you may choose to coordinate the planning and execution of your local engagement events in collaboration with partner organisation(s), colleagues, friends, institutions, etc.
How to apply
Submit your application form online, your CV, a link to your website (if applicable) or social media accounts that provide examples of your artistic work, and a letter of motivation (maximum 1 page, in English) that describes
- the community you would like to engage around participation in the 2024 European Elections and why.
- How does your artistic practice reflect your activist values and ethos?
- How do you see your work impacting the community?
- What does ‘democracy’ mean to you?
- How do you see this reflected (or not) in your town, city, or country?
Deadline: 15 October 2023, at 23.59 CEST.
Find more here.