New European Bauhaus Prizes
The New European Bauhaus launched by the European Commission has the ambition to make the Green Deal a cultural, human-centred positive, and tangible experience.
The Prizes recognise and exemplify beautiful, sustainable, and inclusive projects and support the younger generation to further develop emerging concepts and ideas. They give visibility to examples and concepts that illustrate how beautiful, sustainable, inclusive places already exist in our territories, our communities, and in our practices, paving the way to the future.
These examples must either already be implemented, or, if from students and young professionals (aged 30 or under), should pave the way to the future.
There will be Prizes in 4 different categories:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- Shaping a circular industrial ecosystem and supporting life-cycle thinking.
In each of them there are three parallel competition strands:
- New European Bauhaus Champions for existing and completed projects: the winners receive EUR 30,000 and a communication package.
- New European Bauhaus Rising Stars for concepts by young talents aged 30 or less: the winners receive EUR 15,000 and a communication package.
- Special Recognition to Ukraine’s Reconstruction and Recovery Effort: the winners receive EUR 30,000 and a communication package.
All finalists will be invited to Brussels to participate in the award ceremony and will benefit from a communication package provided by the Commission in order to support the promotion of their project.
Who can apply
- Individuals and organisations, joint applications are allowed
- EU and non-EU residents, as long as their project/idea is or will be developed and implemented in the EU, in the Western Balkans, or in Ukraine.
Deadline: 17 November 2023 at 19:00 CET.
Read more here.