European Youth Forum – Google Fellowship
The European Youth Forum and Google Brussels office are partnering for the second time for a project on the impact of digitalization on young people. The aim is to build the capacity and develop the European Youth Forum’s expertise so that it can contribute and influence European Union policy making on digital issues.
The selected fellow will be a key driver of that process through strategy development, research, briefings, organisation and participation in meetings.
The fellow will be a member of the Policy & Advocacy Department and working on:
● Mapping European Union policies relating to the intersect of digital policy and youth
● Strategy development for the European Youth Forum’s to become a key player in policy making in the EU digital policy sector
● Drafting and preparation of both internal and external briefing documents and materials
● Assisting in the organisation of workshops, monitoring of daily news sources of relevance
● Performing other duties as assigned.
● A higher education degree in social science, law, political science, international or EU affairs or other relevant field is desirable but can be compensated by relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience.
● A good level of knowledge of EU affairs and/or digital policy is preferred. Applicants are encouraged from diverse backgrounds so previous experience in the Forum’s specific field is not a requirement.
● Activism and social engagement – of any kind – is a strong plus.
● Quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes.
● Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment.
● Willingness to live in Belgium.
● Proactive, critical, flexible, creative and solution oriented.
● Ability to formulate analyse policy documents and monitor processes.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
● Excellent writing skills in English.
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution-oriented.
● A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
● Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac operating system.
As part of the partnership with Google, the selected fellow will
– have access to interesting training opportunities offered by the Google Brussels Office;
– receive 6 months fellowship with a compensation of 1 692,71€ gross paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement.
– have the fellowship regulated under the conditions of the Belgium internship contract “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” and in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships (www.qualityinternships.eu)
– receive coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region.
Deadline to apply: 26 November 2018, 23:59 (CET).
All details are available here.