Eurodesk Brussels Link - Communication Traineeship
With a network of national coordinators connected to over 3000 local information providers and Eurodesk centres in 37 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of the network, providing various information tools and resources, and manages several digital platforms and social media channels. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk Brussels Link is looking for a communication Intern. The intern will assist the team in carrying out various communication campaigns and projects. The proposed length of internship is six (6) months.
- Producing social media content
- Support the team with planning and posting content on Eurodesk channels
- Copywriting texts for publications, websites, newsletters, games, etc.
- Taking pictures and editing them
- Producing transcripts and video subtitles as required
- Providing assistance to the national Eurodesk coordinators when relevant
- Other duties as directed by the Eurodesk director and other supervising staff members
Profile and skills required
- An academic background in communication or an equivalent experience is requested
- Knowledge of video editing softwares (Adobe Premiere Pro, Create Studio Pro), adobe programmes and Canva
- Knowledge about social media channels and trends
- Excellent visual skills is essential
- Capacity to work in English (written and spoken)
- Detail oriented, energic, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, international environment
- Interest in youth policy and youth related issues
- Previous experience of working in NGOs, volunteering activities and/or participation in (international) youth activities is a big plus
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium is necessary.
Proposed length of internship is six (6) months. An agreement will be made according to the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionelle” contract.
The trainee receives a monthly allowance (around 1.050 EUR/month net).
The traineeship is on a full-time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk (38h/week).
The intern will work in the Eurodesk office in Brussels, with the possibility of teleworking one day a week.
The successful candidate should be available to start working on 4th September 2023 at the latest.
Interested applicants should send their CV, portfolio and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: 6 August 2023 (midnight Brussels time).
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to perform an online test.
Short-listed candidates will then be invited to an interview.