The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) is an autonomous body of the European Union, established to contribute to and strengthen the promotion of gender equality, including gender mainstreaming in all EU policies and the resulting national policies, and the fight against discrimination based on sex, as well as to raise EU citizens’ awareness of gender equality.
It offers traineeship opportunities in its different Units, based at the Institute’s premises in Vilnius, Lithuania.
The traineeships aim principally to:
- Provide on the job training experience in key areas of the Institute’s work;
- Extend and apply knowledge acquired in the course of studies or working life;
- Provide practical working knowledge of EU agencies and institutions;
- Enable trainees to acquire work experience in an EU agency context.
Who can apply
- graduates in areas such as business administration, finance, law, human resources management or similar
- nationals of an EU member state (some positions are also open to applicants from EU pre-accession and EFTA countries, this is specified in the vacancy notice)
- proficiency in English (the working language of the Institute) is required.
- traineeships last up to six months;
- trainees receive a monthly grant equivalent to €880 and a travel allowance.
How to apply
- candidates need to submit their application electronically using EIGE’s application form
- applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- should a candidate be selected to start a traineeship, in order for the application to be considered complete, she/he must provide copies of all the supporting documents – e.g. proof of nationality, diplomas, academic qualifications, employment certificates as applicable, insurance policy for sickness and accident during the period of the traineeship, medical certificate indicating work fitness, etc.
For further support please contact email@example.com quoting the reference of the traineeship.
The traineeship specifications and the application forms can be obtained from https://eige.europa.eu/recruitment
Read more here.