The European Food Safety Authority offers all year round periods of in-service training, which enables trainees to put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their academic studies or professional careers in the areas of science, communication or administration. Every year around 80 traineeships take place within the fields of activity of the European Food Safety Authority. EFSA plans to welcome trainees from October to December 2023.
– Traineeships are open to citizens of EU Member States, from EEA, EFTA and from countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy and who have completed the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the date of the application, with a good knowledge of English (minimum level: B2 according to CEFR).
– Traineeships are offered for a period of twelve months but EFSA could propose an extension of the traineeship period for up to 6 months to selected trainees.
– Trainees will be awarded a grant of € 1.463 per month.
-Trainees will also be offered the possibility to telework up to 60% per week from the distance reachable to Parma within approximately 3 hours.
– A Traineeship will not be offered to applicants who have already been an EFSA trainee, who have ever been employed by EFSA in any capacity.
– For more information please read carefully the Decision of the Executive Director of EFSA on traineeship at EFSA.
– Candidates should apply following the instructions in the Traineeship Call published on EFSA’s website.
– Eligible candidates will be placed in a database which will be used by the Authority in order to select the trainee applications which better suit EFSA’s needs.
– Shortlisted candidates are required to undergo a telephone or on-line interview for discussing suitability for the role as well as mutual expectations and possible starting date of the traineeship.
– As a result of the interview, candidates can be selected, rejected or placed in a reserve list for future openings for the specific and/or similar profile they have applied for.
– Successful candidates receive a traineeship offer, stating the starting date, the tasks and duration of the traineeship.
– Candidates who receive and accept a traineeship offer will be asked to provide a series of documents such as copy of university degree, proof of health insurance, copy of criminal record etc.
Deadline: 15 May 2023, 23:59 (Local time, GMT +1).
Find out more here.