Call for EYEdea Boosters
In the framework of the EYE2023, young Europeans shared and shaped their ideas on youthideas.eu. The most voted ideas, inspiring projects, and future initiatives for the EU were collected in the Youth Ideas Report. The European Parliament is inviting 10 volunteers to be the EYEdea Boosters and present them to MEPs and other relevant decision makers during the European Youth Hearing.
Supported by a series of workshops with the Youth Outreach Unit, relevant stakeholders and decision-makers, the EYEdea Boosters will develop their chosen idea into a concrete result. EYEdea Boosters will be given further opportunities to get involved and give visibility to their projects in the run up to EYE2025.
Under the coordination of a member of the Youth Outreach Unit team, the EYEdea Boosters would be responsible for:
- Presenting the Youth Ideas Report at the European Youth Hearing in Brussels in November 2023.
- Developing one idea from the Youth Ideas Report into a concrete result, for example organising an event in their local area, submitting a European Citizens’ Initiative proposal, designing a communication campaign, developing a plan to engage their community in a specific topic, etc.
What they get
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to go to Brussels in November for the European Youth Hearing and during the European Youth Week in April, as well as being invited to contribute to EYE2025. They will have the chance to connect and discuss with decision makers and other stakeholders as well as participate in workshops and sessions to turn their ideas into action.
- Be a resident of the European Union, a candidate country, or the UK
- Be 18-30 years old
- Have a good level of spoken and written English
- Be available to travel to Brussels anytime during the week of the 6-10 November and to take part in 5 online catch-ups from October to March while you work on your idea
- Commit to submit your result in March.
Deadline: 4 October 2023 23:00 CEST (Brussels Time)
Read more here.