Call for Editors for EYE2023
In the framework of the EYE (European Youth Event) taking place on 9-10 June 2023 at the European Parliament in Strasbourg and online and bringing together thousands of young people from all over the EU and the world to share and shape their ideas on Europe’s future, the Youth Outreach Unit of the European Parliament has launched a call for young editors to be responsible for writing the Youth Ideas Report 2023.
The report is published after the EYE and collects the most popular ideas for the future of Europe shared by young people on the youthideas.eu platform. It will be presented to Members of the European Parliament, policymakers, and other relevant stakeholders.
The report should target:
- Members of the European Parliament in the relevant parliamentary committees (for example: AFET (EU in the world), LIBE (Freedom and rights), ENVI (Environment and health), EMPL (Jobs), ITRE (Digital) AFCO (Democracy))
- Participants of the EYE hearings (including the representatives of the European Commission and the European Parliament)
- Everyone who is interested in the youth ideas on the topics covered by the report.
The three editors will be responsible for:
- conceptualising the content of the report
- monitoring all incoming ideas and comments on youthideas.eu
- supervising the collection and development of ideas during the EYE
- writing the final Youth Ideas Report 2023
- preparing statistics to share with stakeholders
All the work will be done in English. The editors will work in close cooperation with the Youth Outreach Unit of the European Parliament and will participate in EYE2023 (9-10 June 2023 in Strasbourg, France).
Who can apply
- Young people between 18 and 30 years old
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- With a passion for EU Affairs and youth policies
- With a flexible, innovative, and quick mind
- With exceptional time management and organisational skills
How to apply
Applicants need to fill out the survey.
The contract runs from the beginning of March to the end of September, with an overall number of 440 working hours and a total reward of 7000 EUR.
Further details about the position, the eligibility criteria, and the terms of payment are available on the application form.
For further support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 January 2023, 23: 59 CET.
Read more here.