Graphic Designer/Illustrator Internship
With a network of national coordinators connected to over 3000 local information providers and partners in 37 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of the network, providing various information tools and resources, and manages several digital platforms and social media channels. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk Brussels Link is seeking a graphic designer and illustrator intern.
The intern will assist the graphic design and brand officer with daily tasks.
The proposed length of the internship is six (6) months.
- Assisting the graphic design and brand officer with daily tasks
- Helping implement and develop Eurodesk’s new visual identity throughout all projects
- Creating learning material such as publications, which might require illustrations, icons, graphs…
- Creating communication material such as leaflets, posters, and social media content…
- Creating website mockups and eventually, working on wireframes
- Occasional projects at EBL can also include creating games, logos, educational animations, podcasts… the sky is the limit.
- Other duties as directed by the Directrice of the office
Profile and skills required
- An academic background in graphic design and at least one year of experience in a similar role;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, international environment
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of design (typography, layout, content hierarchy, colour…)
- Strong skills in using InDesign and Illustrator
- Illustrative skills to draw objects and characters in action (environments are not required)
- Experience with print and digital projects
- Basic skills in text-animation
- A team player attitude, a strong wish to learn and improve, as well as the ability to work independently
- A certain sense of humour when asked to edit a document for the billionth time
- Minimum B2 in English
- A valid work permit for Belgium.
Nice to have
- Skills in using Photoshop for photo editing, and short animation
- Some skills in 3D modelling and texturing
- Understanding of brand strategy
- Interest in youth policy and youth-related issues
- 6 months internship on a full-time basis (38h/week) in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link
- Starting from the 4th of September 2023
- An agreement will be made according to the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionelle”contract
- Monthly allowance of 1050 euros net
- Working in the Eurodesk office in Brussels in an English-speaking environment
- Learning support (eventually through online classes and training sessions).
Interested applicants should please send their CV, portfolio of previous works and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English and their portfolio to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 6 August 2023 (midnight Brussels time).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to perform an online test. Short-listed candidates will then be invited to an interview.
Only candidates short-listed for tests and interviews will be contacted.