Young Interpreters Award 2022
On the occasion of the annual conference with universities, DG Interpretation is inviting students at the final year of their master’s degree in conference interpreting to take part to the « Young Interpreters Award 2022 (Leopoldo Costa Prize) and get a chance to be invited to Brussels (Belgium) from 17 to 18 November 2022.
Who can apply
The award is open to all students:
– who are in their final year of their master’s degree in conference interpreting during the academic year 2022-2023, and
– who are nationals of one of the member states of the European Union or a candidate country to the European Union.
How to apply
1) Think about what you would like to say about the theme: « NextGenerationEUInterpreters –Voice your future . »
2) Then, prepare two short documents (in English, French or German):
– A concise summary of the speech you would like to submit (+/- 800 characters = +/- half a page) and
– The speech itself (+/- 5.500 characters) which should be original, show an innovative, modern and open approach to the interpreting profession in a changing context and have a personal angle.
3) Send them by e-mail to SCIC-YOUNG-INTERPRETERS-AWARD@ec.europa.eu by 26 October 2022, at noon (Brussels time).
4) Attach proof of registration to your master’s degree course.
The authors of the three most promising entries will be invited for a visit to Brussels from 17 to 18 November 2022.
The award winner and the two runners-up will be able to:
– see the world’s largest interpreting service at work;
– practice interpreting at a meeting of the European Union (microphone off);
– participate in DG Interpretation’s annual conference on 17-18 November 2022, with trainers, interpreters, EU and international organisations, clients and the award-winning students.
At the conference, the three students will be presented with their award certificates and the winner will give his/her speech to the assembled participants.
Find out more here.