Workshop on young women engagement
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest European umbrella network of women’s associations in Europe, representing the diversity of women and girls in Europe.
It will be hosting a workshop to reflect on EWL’s young women’s engagement strategy.
The workshop will gather 30 participants from across Europe for four days in Brussels, from 8 to 11 November 2019.
The objectives of the workshop will be to review EWL’s engagement with young women so far and put forward suggestions for the ways in which the EWL can collectively and strategically work with and for young women, now and in the future. The goal will be to produce recommendations from the workshop’s participants to the EWL Board for EWL’s future strategic engagement with young women, that can feed into EWL’s new strategy and other levels of engagement.
Eligible applicants should
- Have experience in activism related to feminism and women’s rights;
- Have interest or knowledge of intergenerational dialogue and/or youth engagement strategies;
- Currently living in the European Union or EU Candidate countries;
- Have good level of English.
How to apply
- Interested participants need to fill in the online application form
- Selection of participants will be based on the following categories with specific quotas (the age criteria refer to their age at the time of the workshop):
- 10 young women aged 18 to 30 who are supported by or affiliated to an EWL member organisation and who have not participated in the EWL AGORA before
- 6 AGORA alumni aged 19 to 35 who have participated in one of the previous editions of the AGORA feminist summer camp.
- 4 young women aged 18 to 30 who are new to the EWL, with an interest in feminist activism and experience in young women’s engagement on a European level
- 8 women from EWL member organisations with an interest and/or experience in intergenerational dialogue (including Board Members, members of members, etc.)
Deadline to apply: 8 July 2019, 23:59 CEST.
Successful candidates will be contacted by 19 July 2019.
EWL will arrange and pay for travel and accommodation for all 30 participants for the four-day period.
Read more here.