University on Youth and Development
The University on Youth and Development (UYD) is a space for meeting, training and action planning, gathering for one-week hundreds of young people, youth workers, experts from the field and decision-makers responsible for youth-related policies.
The 21st edition will take place from 11th to 18th September 2022 in CEULAJ, Mollina (Spain) and will focus on “Peace, justice and strong institutions”.
The UYD is a partnership between the Spanish Government (INJUVE), the European Youth Forum (YFJ), the Spanish Youth Council (CJE) and other international youth-led organisations and youth-serving organisations.
It is based on the bottom-up approach for the development of the youth agenda and aims at involving all the actors of the quadrilogue (representatives of the governments, parliaments, regional and local authorities and civil society).
The objectives are
- to promote youth work development and youth participation as well as political mainstreaming of the youth-related issues and youth policy development;
- to encourage the participation of young people in decision and policy-making by promoting their involvement and interaction in quadrilogue initiatives;
- to provide training and capacity building for young people and youth organisations;
- to foster youth cooperation and global youth work;
- to promote human rights, intercultural dialogue and democratic citizenship as essential dimensions of global education.
The UYD 2022 will take place from the 11th (arrivals day) to the 18th (departures day) September 2022.
During this week different organisations have the possibility to develop their own activities (training, workshop, seminars etc.) within a common pedagogical framework: the Joint Programme.
Proposal for activities
Organisations can apply with one or more activities.
The activities have to have the same length of the University: 6 days (from the 12 to the 17 September 2022), having the 11 and the 18 September 2022 as travel days.
In exceptional cases and based on availability, it would possible to accommodate shorter activities (one extra day) as long as they align with the starting day of the University.
Main Criteria for the activities
– to be organised by youth-led/youth-serving organisations or other entities having young people as target group;
– to be connected to the umbrella theme “the SDG 16: Peace, Justice and strong Institution” and contribute to the reflection around the annual theme 2022 “Building effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions” as developed in the Concept Note;
– to seek gender balance and the inclusion of vulnerable groups in the composition of the group of participants;
– to be aligned with the North-South Centre’s Global Education Guidelines.
The selected organisations are expected to
– participate at the UYD preparatory meetings;
– attend the online meetings with all the relevant stakeholders;
– contribute to the joint programme: propose and mobilise guest and experts, connect with the Joint Team, organise side event/activities;
– contibrute to the final evaluation process;
– contribute to the overall coordination of the event (financially, in kind or with human resources) in accordance to their capacity.
Each organisation is responsible for covering the expenses related to the travel and airport transfers of its own group, staff and participants.
To facilitate the transfers to and from Malaga airport-CEULAJ, the North-South Centre will identify a company that will provide this service for all the organisations.
Similarly, each organisation has to cover the expenses related to board and lodging in CEULAJ. The North-South Centre has already stipulated a favorable price with CEULAJ: 30 euro pers./night (all inclusive).
Deadline to submit proposals: 22 May 2022.