UNESCO Learning City Award
The biennial UNESCO Learning City Award aims to recognise and showcase good practice in building learning cities around the world.
The Award is given to cities that have achieved outstanding progress in in promoting education and lifelong learning opportunities for all by implementing the Key Features of Learning Cities, i.e. by:
– promoting inclusive learning from basic to higher education;
– revitalising learning in families and communities;
– facilitating effective learning for and in the workplace;
– extending the use of modern learning technologies;
– enhancing quality and excellence in learning; and
– fostering a culture of learning throughout life.
The award is open to all UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities member cities in UNESCO Member States across the five UNESCO regions that have demonstrated significant progress in learning city development.
Application should be sent to the National Commission for UNESCO no later than 25 June 2021.
Each National Commission for UNESCO can nominate up to two cities for the award by 16 July 2021.
Find out more: https://bit.ly/2wZLMIZ