Traineeships at the CoE
The Council of Europe offers two traineeship sessions each year, lasting from eight weeks to five months. Traineeships take place in March/July, September/January and are remunerated.
Trainees undertake research, the preparation of draft reports and studies for meetings of experts and the drafting of minutes. They may also assist with current work.
Trainees will be given an opportunity, especially through the induction course arranged for them, to find out about the Council’s structures, activities and international co-operation procedures, including the implementation of the European Convention of Human Rights.
They will also have the opportunity of attending lectures given in the Council of its activities, sittings of the Council of Europe’s Parliamentary Assembly and the European Parliament and meetings taking place during their stay in Strasbourg.
- Nationals of one of the Council of Europe’s member states;
- Trainees must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent ( a diploma for the first cycle of higher education as defined in the Bologna Declaration), wishing to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the functioning and activities of the Council of Europe;
- Trainees must have a very good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (English and French) together with good drafting ability. A good knowledge of the other language is appreciated.
- research work;
- preparation of draft reports and studies for meetings of experts;
- drafting of meeting reports;
- assistance with work in hand;
- committee organisation;
- updating websites.
– 21 March 2022 (traineeship session September 2022 to January 2023).
– 6 October 2021 ( traineeship session March 2022 to July 2022).
Find out more: http://www.coe.int/en/web/jobs/traineeships