Traineeships at the ECML
The European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML) recruits trainees twice a year for a paid training period of six months.
The main role of the ECML, which is a body of the Council of Europe, is to serve in general the implementation of language policies and the promotion of innovative approaches to the learning and teaching of modern languages.
The trainees will be responsible for precise tasks in a specific field. In order to do so, four specialist areas are proposed corresponding to four different types of traineeships:
The web site specialisation
– Website: the trainee will assist the webmaster in his daily work and will participate in the development of the web site of the ECML being responsible for the follow-up of tasks and by checking on the accuracy and on the updating of information. This area of work will allow the trainee to participate in the continuous development of the various sites.
The programme and logistics specialisation
– Programme: the trainee will assist the programme assistant and the programme secretary liaising with the coordinators to fix practical details, contacting the workshop participants and sending them all kind of documents, assisting the teams and participants during workshops and meetings so that everything runs smoothly.
The documentation specialisation
– DRC: the trainee will assist the ECML’s two documentalists and should be a specialist in the field of library/documentation/information sciences. He/she will be part of the team of the documentation and resource Centre and will participate in the indexing of new resources and preparing documentary products as well as in daily activities linked with documentation.
The finances and general administration specialisation
– Administration: the trainee will assist in the development of the database linked to the existing mailing database and in the implementation of the Windream ((Document Management Software), in particular development of a training guide.He/she will be involved in the process of financial documentation; in photocopying/scanning, classification according to budgetary article, registration of mailings, preparation of mailing to Strasbourg;corrections to the ECML mailing database; entering of bank details into ECML database and preparation of workshop documentation relating to prepaid tickets, hotel reservation forms.
In all four cases, the trainee should demonstrate team spirit, flexibility and an interest in the activities of the ECML.
Who can apply
Your application will only be considered if you are from or live in one of our member states (see list of member states).
A monthly subsistence allowance of EUR 720.
No contribution is made by the ECML towards travel costs from the trainee’s home country to and from Graz.
A deduction of approximately 20 Euros is made each month from the trainees’ allowance to cover the costs of insurance during the stay.
Trainees should hold at least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and have a good command of at least one of the Council of Europe’s working languages (English or French) through knowledge of both is advantageous and might make the difference in order to get selected. Trainees must be flexible, well organised and capable of working in an international team.
Trainees should be from or live in one of the ECML member states.
Applications for traineeships should reach the ECML by:
– 28 February (for the period July-December).
– 31 August (for the period January-June).
Find out more: https://bit.ly/2JqvdLG