The EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) offers paid internships for a period of ten months starting on 1st October 2022.
The Internships scheme aims at providing trainees with work experience in the administration of co-operation in the field of fundamental rights at the European level in order to gain an insight into FRA’s objectives and activities, and to put their learning into practice.
The aims of the internships are:
- to provide an understanding of the objectives and activities of FRA
- to enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of FRA Units and services
- to enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, or professional careers
- to allow trainees to contribute to the agency’s mission.
- participants are nationals from EU Member States, EU candidate (Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey) and potential candidate countries (Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo);
- trainees must have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (i.e. university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications;
- candidates must have very good knowledge of English and another EU language. Candidates from candidate countries must have very good knowledge of English
- candidates should not have had any kind of training or employment within an EU institution or body.
Internships are offered in the following FRA Units:
- Corporate Services (CS)
- Justice, Digital and Migration (JDM)
- Equality, Roma and Social Rights (ERSR)
- Communications and Events (COMMS)
- Institutional Cooperation and Networks (INST)
- Director’s Office (DIR) .
Trainees are awarded a monthly grant corresponding to one quarter of the grade AD5-step1.Trainee with disabilities may receive a supplement to their grant equal to a maximum of 50% of the amount of the grant.
Deadline: 23 May 2022, at 13.00 CET
All detailed information can be found here.