Graphic Design Internship
With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1.600 local information providers and partners in 36 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of the network, providing various information tools and resources, and manages several digital platforms and social media channels. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk Brussels Link is seeking a graphic design intern.
The intern will assist the team in carrying out communication campaigns and turning concepts into (audio)visual assets.
The proposed length of the internship is six (6) months.
- Supporting the development of the new Eurodesk branding;
- Designing templates in line with the new brand identity such as documents, posters, rollups, etc.
- Creating visual assets for seasonal campaigns and social media (social videos, gifs, pictures, etc.);
- Designing and editing publications;
- Taking photos and videos for promotional and educational purposes and editing them;
- Other design duties as directed by the director of the office.
Profile and skills required
- An academic background in graphic design or equivalent is requested;
- Excellent visual skills with a lot of creativity is essential;
- A keen eye for detail;
- Great knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Some experience with Adobe Premiere Pro;
- Good writing/editing skills in English;
- Interest in youth policy and youth related issues;
- Knowledge about social media channels and trends is a plus;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, international environment;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium.
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian Convention d’immersion professionelle contract.
The trainee receives a monthly allowance (circa 1.000 EUR net plus local transport and lunch voucher).
The traineeship is on a full time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
The trainee shall be able to relocate to Brussels to work in our office (will also have to work remotely depending on the national regulations).
Interested applicants should please send their CV, portfolio of previous works and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English and their portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 13 February 2022 (midnight Brussels time).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
A pre-selection on-line test will take place on 16 February and interviews on 18 February in Brussels or online.
Ideally, the successful candidate should be available to start working on 1 March 2022.