Roberto Cimetta Fund
The Roberto Cimetta Fund is an international association promoting artistic exchange and the mobility of professionals in the field of contemporary performing arts and visual arts within the Mediterranean area.
The Fund supports and encourages travel which allows culture professionals to find the opportunities, partners and means to realise personal or collective projects; thus facilitating networking, exchanges of experience and cultural and artistic cooperation.
The individual travel grants cover travel and visa costs for trips such as attending professional cultural network meetings, workshops, artist’s residences, festival, symposiums etc.
The Roberto Cimetta Fund travel grants are given to specific individuals and not to organisations.
– the trip must directly or indirectly show potential for a constructive and long-term impact on the arts sector in your own country. This means that the travel must contribute to applicants’ own capacity building, which in turn can be shared in a “networking” fashion that will benefit connecting artists and operators in their region so as to maintain, renew and develop contemporary arts;
– travel can take place as soon as the call opens ( 1st January 2020) but in this case the applicant runs the risk of paying for travel without guarantee of the success of the application;
– the RCF will provide up to 3 travel grants per person.
Who can apply
– artists and cultural operators (performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, entrepreneurs, project leaders) living and working in Europe, North Africa and Middle East, who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
– applications must be made by individuals not organisations;
– only 3 members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. Applicants can only receive three RCF grants in total and only one application per person is possible at each call;
– applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs (local transport is not reimbursed);
Deadline: 31st January 2020.
Read more here .
2. The Roberto Cimetta Fund and Biennale Warszawa are offering travel grants in the framework of the Biennale Warszawa in May and June 2019, thus facilitating and increasing mobility and creativity of artists between Central Eastern Europe and the Arab-Middle East region.
Biennale Warszawa (BW) is a public institution focusing on a long-term work plan and operating on 2-year work cycles, which terminate with a festival lasting several weeks.
Its aim is to integrate research, activism and artistic work all in one.
The main idea behind the Biennale Warszawa concept is to aggregate and structure expertise on present-day culture and art, as well as politics.
From this base, new artistic, political, social, economic and ecological ideas are created and deliberated, building alternative models of functioning in the post-crisis world.
The curatorial concept for the Biennale Warszawa focuses on the institution’s activities around three dualities: art / culture, research / discourse and activism / politics. Integrating these dualities of expression leads to mutual strengthening of capacities and synergies, and avoids already worked out ideas, artworks or initiatives
The applicant must directly address the context presented by Biennale Warszawa and focus on future possibilities for transnational commons, translocal politics beyond nation-states, Central Eastern European and Arab-Middle East relations.Applicants must be either:
– no nationality or age criteria apply to the fund; however the applicant must be resident or work in the Euro-Arab-Middle East geographical region (including Turkey);
– the applicant’s profession must be one of the following; curator, artist, researcher, cultural operator;
– applications must be made by individuals and not by organisations. Only three members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project;
– applicants can only receive three RCF grants in total and only one application per person is possible at each call.
– travel must take place during the Biennale Warszawa from March till June 2019;
– travel to another destination inside the Central-Eastern European and Arab-Middle East region is also possible if the aim of travel has a tangible link with the Biennale Warszawa.
Applications can be made in Arabic, English or French.
Deadline: 31st December 2018.
Find out more here.