EU-Japan Training programmes
The European Commission is encouraging European enterprises to penetrate the Japanese market. To this end it has put in place various promotional activities to further European exports to Japan and to maximise business opportunities there.
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Co-operation, which was established in Tokyo in 1987 and in Brussels in 1996, organises:
Training programmes for EU managers (2 weeks):
– Get Ready for Japan HRTP (16-27 May 2022) – provides an in-depth understanding of how to do business in Japan. It is targeted at EU managers who have a major role in defining and implementing their company’s policies in relation to Japan, or who are to be transferred to Japan, or come from companies intending to supply Japanese companies or wish to learn about management practices and technological developments in Japan.
Deadline: 10 March 2022.
The candidate must:
– be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country;
– work for a company that is > 50% EU or COSME partnering country owned;
– work for an organisation that is an EU or COSME partnering country juridical person;
– be supported by their employer and be able to participate in the entire programme;
– have a reasonable command of English;
– be a manager or an executive from an industrial company;
– have proven experience in industry.
All participants cover their travel costs to and from Japan as well as living expenses in Japan, including accommodation.
The EU-Japan Centre covers all training-related costs such as speakers’ fees, room rental, transfers for company visits, etc for participants from SMEs.
Participants from SMEs need to pay a deposit of €1200 to guarantee attendance at all meetings, seminars and company visits. This deposit is refunded within 8 weeks after the mission and upon participant’s completion of the post-event questionnaire.
Participants from non-SMEs pay a small tuition fee of €1200 covering all training-related costs.
World Class Manufacturing WMC (five days)
– for EU managers and for EU senior executives – to assist EU companies to acquire a better understanding of how Japanese companies continually take costs out of their manufacturing, constantly innovating using « KAIZEN » manufacturing methods (continuous improvement), « JIT » (Just in Time), « TQC » (Total Quality Control), TIE (Total Industrial Engineering), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and « TQM » (Total Quality Management) practices.
Deadline: 25 November 2021 (Next session will take place online in March 2022).
- Target participants are:
- managers from industrial companies;
- minimum of 5 to 10 years of professional experience in industry
- good knowledge of English;
- be nationals of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country;
- must work for a company that is > 50% EU or COSME partnering country owned;
- must work for an organisation that is an EU or COSME partnering country juridical person;
- must be supported by their employer and be able to participate in the entire programme;
- must have a good command of English;
- should be an employee/team leader involved in engineering methods or production/service strategy or production control or with experience in operations management;
- should have knowledge and practice of production methods of excellence.
Costs: free of charge for all participants.
Further information and application forms can be found on: http://www.eu-japan.eu