The European Maritime Safety Agency offers traineeships for a period of at least 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
The European Maritime Safety Agency aims to the enhancement of the overall maritime safety system in the Community. EMSA contributes to reducing the risk of maritime accident, marine pollution from ships and the loss of human lives at sea.
The traineeship programme aims to:
- provide trainees with work experience in the field of maritime safety legislation;
- enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of day-to-day work of the Agency’s units and sections;
- provide the opportunity to young graduates to put into practice knowledge acquired during their universities studies.
The normal starting dates for the training are 1 March and 1 October each year. Trainees are placed under the responsibility of an advisor.
Trainees are allowed to attend meetings on subjects of interest to their work, receive documentation and participate in the work of the section to which they are attached at a level corresponding to their educational and working background.
– candidates will be selected from among the nationals of the EU Member States, of Iceland and Norway;
– they must have completed the first cycle of higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date of application;
– they must have a very good knowledge of English and if they are from the EU Member States, they must have satisfactory knowledge of a second Community language.
Only qualifications that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in the EU Member States will be taken into consideration. Please note, that degrees awarded by the United Kingdom up to 31/12/2020 are considered as valid.
Trainees will be awarded a monthly grant of € 1119.91. Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their grant, equal to a maximum of 50% of the amount of the grant.
Recruited trainees may receive a travel allowance subject to budget availability. Travel allowance is paid at the end of the training period (minimum three months).
Deadline: 9 July 2021, 17:00 Lisbon time – UTC/GMT +1 hour (traineeship starting on 1st September 2021 and finishing on 28th February 2022).
Further details please check here.