Internships at the OHCHR
This internship programme is aimed at graduate students and is available at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights – OHCHR.
United Nations internships are not remunerated. Travel costs and living expenses must be met by the interns themselves or by a sponsoring institution. Interns are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and for obtaining visas.
The aim of the internship is to:
a) increase the intern’s understanding of current human rights issues at the international level and give an insight into the work of the United Nations and OHCHR in particular;
b) provide OHCHR and the United Nations Human Rights mechanisms with the assistance and contribution of outstanding students or graduates.
– Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
– Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
– Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
– Be able to obtain the necessary visa and to arrange your travel to the United Nations;
– Be able to cover the costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses of the internship (approx. 1.800 chf/month);
– If selected, be able to prove valid medical insurance coverage for your stay in Switzerland, provide a medical certificate stating that you are in good health and prove your enrolment in graduate studies;
– be able to communicate fluently in English.
Available positions are posted here.