i-Portunus is a pilot project funded by the European Commission under the Creative Europe programme which supports the international mobility of artists, creators and cultural professionals in the sectors of music, literature, architecture and cultural heritage. In 2020-21 there will be a total of five calls.
The programme is managed by a consortium headed by the Goethe-Institut with Institut français, Izolyatsia and Nida Art Colony of Vilnius Academy of Arts.
Mobility should focus on international collaboration, professional development, production-oriented residencies or presentations.
i-Portunus provides financial support to help fund the cost of travel (transportation, accommodation etc.) to another Creative Europe country (or several of them).
The mobility support is not meant to cover the cost of transporting goods, art works or material.
- Artists and culture professionals (individuals or groups of up to 5 people) who are at least 18 years old and reside legally in a Creative Europe country.
- The total length of the mobility has to be between 7 and 60 days (including travel days). It could be continuous, or segmented and it has to focus on one project.
- The applicant has not previously received i-Portunus mobility support.
The maximum amount of the whole grant is 3.000,00 EUR/person.
How to apply
Applicants need to organise a project with a host institution/partner/fellow in another Creative Europe country (check the Transartists database to get inspired).
They need to describe the project and its main objective, being international collaboration, production oriented residency, or professional development.
They need to provide documents showing that applicant/s have made plans with a partner or host institution and that the partner/host institution is committed to the project.
Finally, they have to illustrate how this mobility will affect applicants’ professional development or career path.
Applications must be in English via my.i-portunus.eu before the deadline.
- 28 February 2021, 18:00 CET, for Literary Translation and Music sectors.
- 14 March 2021, 18:00 CET for Architecture.
- 15 April 2021, 18:00 CET for Music2.
- 30 June 2021, 18:00 CEST for Houses Roud 1
- 3 October 2021, 23:59 CEST for Houses Roud 2
Read more here.