EESC Civil Society Prize
The European Economic and Social Committee rewards excellence in civil society initiatives through its annual Civil Society Prize. The theme of the 2021 prize is: « Climate Action ».
The prize will reward innovative initiatives carried out by civil society organisations and/or individuals on the territory of the EU which aim to promote a just transition towards a low-carbon and climate-resilient economy.
Eligible initiatives should have already been implemented or started and cover at least one of the following areas (non exhaustive list, full list here):
- Promoting full involvement and/or acceptance of civil society in the transition to a climate neutral society;
- Promoting citizens’ participation in the climate debate;
- Promoting climate awareness among consumers or encouraging behavioural change;
- Designing/implementing projects that advocate active climate policies at local/regional/national or European level;
- Promoting climate justice in a broad sense with consideration to human rights and social responsibility of enterprises;
- Promoting climate education at schools of all level;
- Promoting civil society involvement in the implementation of climate policies at local/regional/national or European;
The Prize is open to civil society organisations (CSOs) officially registered within the European Union and acting at local, national, regional or European level. It is also open to individuals.
Third-country nationals are also eligible, provided they are legally resident in the territory of the EU.
1st: 14.000 Euros
Deadline: 30 June 2021, 10:00 (CEST).
The prize award ceremony will take place on 8-9 December 2021, in Brussels, during the EESC plenary session.
Find out more here.