Europe on Track is a youth-led project of AEGEE, run by young volunteers who aim to raise awareness, to create a space for discussion and to capture the opinions of youth in Europe on important social issues. This year through the topic “Gender Equality & Istanbul Convention” the focus will be to educate the European youth on gender-based discrimination, inclusive and safe spaces, consent and sexual harassment through non-formal education methodologies from an intersectional perspective. The aim is also to collect opinions on how gender affects the daily life, safety and life opportunities of young people, and how young people of all genders can be actors of change and strive for gender equality.
Six ambassadors in 3 teams will travel by train across 20 cities in Europe during one month to deliver workshops, interview young people and organise events in cooperation with 200 volunteers.
Moreover, 2 online ambassadors will carry out online workshops in the same period to reach out to even more youth all over the continent!
The 9th edition will take place from 26th March to 8th May 2022.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old
- Applicants from all over the world but European-based candidates are strongly encouraged
- Be responsible, committed and reliable
- Be open-minded, proactive and initiative-taker
How to apply
Round 1: fill in the form before 10 December 2021, 23:59h (CET) which consists of 5 parts:
1 – Personal Data
2 – Why do you want to become an ambassador?
3 – Motivation on the topic of “Gender Equality & Istanbul Convention”
4 – Skills and requirements
5 – Travel Experience
Round 2: pre-selection by video call interviews with the Project Team (mid December).
Final round: Q&A session and selection results (mid/end December).
Role of the ambassadors
- To deliver workshops and discussions
- To develop the content of the workshops
Besides their creitive skills, ambassadors need to demonstrte leadership, organisational skills ad training/presentation delivery experience.
Teams of ambassadors should have the following skills: photography, video photograpy, interviewing, blogging, training.
Covered expenses for (physical) ambassadors:
- Transportation during the route
- Accommodation and food in each stop
- Your trip from home to the training location and from the evaluation location back home can be reimbursed under certain conditions
- All activities related to the project and local transportation
- Visa fees – the team will try to lower the costs by providing you with invitation letters
- Health insurance
- Pocket money – based on previous experiences, an amount of 200€ (+/- depending on personal spending habits) will be necessary for the trip.
Europe on Track takes place from 26th March to 8th May.
Deadline: 10 December 2021, 23:59 CET.
Read more here.