AU-EU Youth Hub call for proposals
The AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub follows the 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit and the AU-EU Youth Plug-In Initiative, which involved African & European Youth in suggesting new ideas on six essential topics to the AU-EU Partnership, compiled in the Abidjan Youth Declaration and the AU-EU Youth Agenda.
It is calling on all civil society organisations to submit their concept notes.
The call for proposals makes available EUR 10 million in 7 lots:
- Culture, Arts and Sports
- Peace and Security
- Governance and Political Inclusion (Accountability)
- Governance and Political Inclusion (Remittances)
- Environment Preservation and Climate Change
- Education and Skills
- Business, Job Creation and Entrepreneurship
To apply civil society organisations need to:
- be a legal entity
- be non-profit-making
- be a Civil Society Organisation (CSO) or an association of CSOs
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in a Member State of the African Union
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- the lead applicant must provide financial statements demonstrating the financial capacity necessary for carrying out the project
- the lead and/or co-applicant(s) must prove they have carried out a minimum of 3 projects to a total value of at least €1 million in the past 5 years
- either the lead applicant or one of the co-applicants (if any) must be a youth organisation
Actions must take place in Africa. The ones that include youth as key stakeholders or as meaningful actors will be prioritised.
Deadline: 21 June 2019.
The detailed Guidelines of the Call for Proposals can be found here.