ASEF Young Leaders Summit
The 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS4) is the official youth event of the 13th ASEM Summit (ASEM13) taking place in June 2021 in Cambodia and bringing together the Heads of States and Leaders of 53 ASEM Partners.
The ASEFYLS4 will focus on ‘Sustainable Development in a post-COVID-19 World’ and will incorporate 3 spheres for youth leadership: 1) self-leadership, 2) team leadership and 3) societal leadership. This 4th edition will be a hybrid project taking place virtually, in Cambodia, as well as across ASEM countries.
The programme will address 4 thematic areas:
- SDG3: Good Health & Wellbeing – Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
- SDG4: Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SDG8: Decent Work & Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SDG13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The ASEFYLS4 programme will consist of 3 phases:
- Knowledge Building: 22 February-28 May 2021, Virtual
- Youth Summit: 29 May-2 June 2021, Cambodia/Virtual
- Leadership in Action: June-November 2021, Virtual & in local ASEM communities
Who can apply
- Students, entrepreneurs, academics and young professionals, all between the ages of 18 and 30
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- Possessing strong verbal and written command of English
The organisers will cover professional/academic training & leaderships courses for all participants, including certificates.
For the selected ASEFYLS4 Summit youth representatives, the organisers will also cover the accommodation and meals for the duration of the on-site event in Cambodia, plus a travel subsidy from their country of residence to the starting point and back.
For more details please check the FAQ.
Deadine: 3 February 2021, GMT 23:59
Read more here.