23rd ASEF Summer University
The 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU) is an interdisciplinary Hackathon journey on “Liveable Cities for a Sustainable Future” for Asian and European students and young professionals. Taking place between October and November 2021 (2 programme blocks a 2 weeks each), the programme will connect young hackers, designers, innovators, urban planners and SDG experts from 51 countries to collaborate & develop urban solutions in three of the most populated countries in ASEM: Bangladesh, India & Pakistan
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Teams will tackle one of three interdisciplinary urban challenges, linking SDG11 with other socio-economic issues that are part of the UN Agenda2030:
- Bangladesh (SDG11, SDG12 & SDG13): Creating Clean Cities: Tackling Urban Waste Management
- India (SDG3 & SDG11): Creating Healthy Cities: Tackling Obesity among Children
- Pakistan (SDG4, SDG8 and SDG11): Creating Accessible Cities: Enhancing Urban Mobility
The most innovative solution for each country challenge will receive an award.
- Receive certification of participation by all partner universities, as well as up to 10 university credits from University College Cork (UCC).
- Play their role towards Sustainable Urbanisation by transforming ideas into concrete impactful solutions in Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
- Build up their network of innovators & experts for future partnerships & collaborations.
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- Young professionals, entrepreneurs or students between the ages of 18 and 30
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal)
- Available to actively participate in all sessions, in all phases.
There is no registration or participation fee.
Deadline: 29 September 2021, 23:59 UTC.
Find out more here.