“Reclaiming your Rights” 2019 Photo Competition
The European Disability Forum is inviting all EU/EAA citizens or residents from all ages to join the competition and capture in one image what access to justice (or lack thereof) looks like to people with disabilities.
Who can participate
The competition is open to EU/EAA citizens or residents from all ages and there is no entry fee.
How to apply
Under the theme “Reclaiming your Rights” participants will have to submit engaging visuals that put forward the experience of people with disabilities throughout the justice system, in a single photograph, of which three will be selected for prizes.
All participants must submit:
- One single photo (representing the theme ‘Reclaiming your Rights’).
- A short description (in English) as well as the author name, place (city & country) where the picture was taken.
- A signed copy of the Rights Authorization. Two signatures are needed, one from the person who took the picture and one from the person(s) appearing IN the picture.
- All entries must be original work and the participant must either be the sole owner or the transferee of the copyright.
Each participant may submit one entry. Participant should be an individual and not an organisation.
A jury will select 20 finalists. All 20 final photos, including the three winners, will be exhibited during various events and in other European countries as well, including the European Day of Persons with Disabilities and Brussels Photo Exhibit.
Out of the 20 finalists, the Jury will select the 3 final nominees.The three final nominees will receive:
– 1st place award: 500 euros;
– 2nd place award: 300 euros;
– 3rd place award: 200 euros.
These 3 final nominees will also be invited to Brussels to take part in the European Day of Persons with Disabilities organised by the European Commission on the 28-29 November 2019, in Brussels.
Deadline: entries should be submitted to Naomi Mabita – firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2019, 23.59 CET.
Read more here.