DiscoverEU is an EU initiative that from 15 March 12:00:00 (midday Brussels time) and 29 March 2023 at 12:00:00 (midday Brussels time) will be giving, for the seventh time, young people (18 years old) the opportunity to travel across Europe.
Who can apply
– young people who are 18 years old, born between 1 July 2004 (included) and 30 June 2005 (included);
– be citizen or legal resident of one of the following countries:
- 27 EU Member States including the outermost regions French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, la Réunion, Mayotte, Saint-Martin, Azores, Madeira and Canary Islands;
- Members of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), which are equally members of the European Economic Area (EEA): Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway;
- Acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates: North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Türkiye;
- Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) associated with the European Union: Aruba, Bonaire, Curação, French Polynesia, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Greenland, New Caledonia, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Saint Pierre et Miquelon, Wallis et Futuna Islands;
How to apply
– fill in your ID, passport or legal residence number on the online application form;
– start your journey in any of the countries eligible for DiscoverEU;
– plan to travel from 1 day and up to 30 days;
– plan to travel between 15 June 2023 (first departure date) and 30 September 2024 (last return date);
-note that if you have a disability or a health problem that makes your travel challenging, you will receive assistance and support to help you take part in the action. Check the FAQ C.13 to know more.
– plan to travel to at least one foreign country eligible for DiscoverEU which is different from the country of departure;
– be willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador and report back on your travel experiences, for example through social media tools like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #DiscoverEU
Please check all the details here.
Must be submitted through the European Youth Portal.
Deadline: 29 March 2023, 12:00 noon CET.
Find out more: https://europa.eu/youth/discovereu_en
Join #DiscoverEU Facebook Group to follow the travellers’ adventures.