Youth exchange “I Choose Europe”
The large-scale youth exchange “I Choose Europe” will take place in Jambville near Paris, France between 13th-17th March 2019. It is co-organised by Animafac, JEF Europe and JEF France with the support of other partners as part of the project “European Youth Together: Road to the Future”.
It will involve 104 participants and 26 national group leaders from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Poland, Slovenia and Spain.
Each national group will consist of 8 participants and 2 group leaders. The leaders will be chosen from among applicants and will be responsible for coordinating group activities in coordination with the organizers.
The participants will be invited to engage in discussions and intercultural activities related to the European Elections and contribute to the preparation of the campaign “I Choose Europe”.
The 5-day programme will allow them to understand the goals and methods used in the campaign, familiarizing them with chosen youth engagement tools and developing their skills to promote European debate in their own communities.
The participants will also have the opportunity to prepare and present Europe-oriented activities during a high-visibility youth event for nearly 2000 people in Paris on 16th March that will officially launch the campaign.
Who can participate
– young people between 18 and 30 years old;
– from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Poland, Slovenia and Spain;
– motivated to promote debate among young people about European issues, especially the European Elections 2019 and interested in developing their skills in the area of youth engagement;
– able to work and communicate in English;
– with previous civil society experience, including volunteering.
Reimbursement and fees
There is a participation fee of €50 per participant (group leaders exempted).
The costs of meals and accommodation will be covered by the organisers. The travel costs of participants from the eligible countries will be reimbursed after the event. For more information, consult the full call.
Deadline to apply: 6th February 2019.
Read more here.