Traineeship at the EFTA Secretariat – Trade Relations Division
The Secretariat of the European Free Trade Association offers traineeships, for 5 and 6 months, to nationals of the Member States of EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
The traineeships aim to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with a background in customs and rules of origin opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work of the EFTA Secretariat, particularly in the area of free trade agreements. Traineeships take place to the EFTA Secretariat Headquarters in Geneva, respectively in spring from 1st March to 31st July, and in autumn from 1st September to 28th February.
The Trade Relations Division (TRD) is in charge of the exploration, negotiation and implementation of preferential trade arrangements with non-EU partner countries worldwide (Declarations on Cooperation, Free Trade Agreements).
The trainee will be assigned to specific tasks primarily in the field of trade in goods and customs issues, including rules of origin and trade facilitation.
They entail technical analyses on market access, review and amendments to customs tariff tables, notifications to partner countries, etc.
Eligible applicants should:
– be customs officials from national administrations of the EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) or candidates with a similar background and experience;
– have knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office);
– have a current position, experience and career objectives;
– be fluent in written and spoken English and have good working knowledge of French is an advantage;
– have an analytical mind with ability to do relevant research and prepare documents in English
– be flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks,
Trainees receive a flat monthly allowance of CHF 2 425 and accommodation in individual flats.
Deadline: 25th November 2018.
Find out more here.