Model ASEM serves as an introduction to the world of diplomacy, negotiation and international relations. Being a simulation of the ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM), it gives you the chance to step into the shoes of ASEM Foreign Ministers and along with other students, debate and exchange perspectives on current political and bi-regional issues. It is also an opportunity to meet and interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and Delegation members as well as with representatives of ASEM Diplomatic Missions and International Organisations.
The 9th Model ASEM will take place 11-16 December 2019 in Madrid, Spain.
Who can apply:
- citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and all disciplines, between the ages of 18-30
- strong verbal and written command of English is required
- Phase 1: Online Preparatory phase (6 weeks)
- Phase 2: Model ASEM Simulation in Madrid, Spain (5 days)
- Phase 3: 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEMFMM14)
How to apply:
- fill in the online application
- it takes about 15-30 minutes and you will be requested to upload your CV
The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy, accommodation and meals.
Deadline to apply: 12 August 2019, 23:59 GMT (13 August 2019, 00:59 CET)
Find out more here.