Mind the gap: Mental health study session
Organised by the European Network on Independent Living Youth Network and the Euro Youth Mental Health, in co-operation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe, the study session “Mind the gap: supporting young disabled people’s right to live independently and to be included in the community through exploring mental health as a disability issue” takes place between 17-22 June 2019 at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg, France.
The aim of this study session is to support young people’s right to live independently and to be included in the community by exploring mental health as a disability issue.
In particular, the event will
– provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to understand the common ground on which disability and mental health meet,
– support participants to realize the essential role of Independent Living as a human right that applies to all people equally facilitating inclusion in society,
– encourage participants to explore disablism, to reflect on their intersectional identities and to develop an identity that is based on pride,
– empower participants to be leaders in promoting mental health, Independent Living, and human rights of young people.
Who can apply
- motivated participants who identify/have identified themselves as disabled or having a mental health difficulty and who have experience or an interest in the areas of disability, mental health, and/or human rights;
- participants should come from one of the 47 Member States of the Council of Europe or parties to the European Cultural Convention (Belarus, the Holy See, and Kazakhstan);
- be aged 18-35 years;
- confident in English and speech-to-text service.
How to apply
- Participants need to fill in the application form.
There is a participation fee of 50 EUR (covering programme, food, accommodation, travel and visa costs), which is normally deducted from the travel expenses reimbursement.
Deadline to apply is 22nd February 2019, (23:59 CET).
Find out more: https://enil.eu/?p=17220