7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum – Youth Driving Dialogue for Peace and Security
The Council of Europe and the League of Arab States are organising the 7th Euro-Arab Youth Forum from 5 to 8 November 2019 in Budapest, Hungary, aiming on the participation of young people and youth organisations in peacebuilding and Euro-Arab cooperation for inclusive societies.
The Forum will be a place to discuss about the situation of young people in the member states of the League of Arab States and the Council of Europe, with special regard to the resolution UN 2250 on Youth Peace and Security and its relevance for young people in Euro-Arab co-operation.
Specifically the Forum aims to:
- explore the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth Peace and Security and its relevance for young people in Euro-Arab co-operation
- share and recognise needs and challenges faced by young people and youth organisations in their work for peacebuilding, security and dialogue
- share practices and experiences in peacebuilding for mutual learning
- support participants to engage and advocate for their countries to implement the Resolution UN 2250 and in pursuing Sustainable Development Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
- critically reflect about the role of the Council of Europe, the League of Arab states in implementing 2250 and its principles of action and shaping the future of the cooperation
- learn about human rights education as a framework for learning and acting for peace and dialogue.
The programme will be a combination of workshops based on non-formal learning, working groups for networking and sharing good practices and learning in order to enhance the dialogue and exchange among participants.
Who can apply
Youth leaders, activists and other stakeholders active in the field of Euro-Arab cooperation in the youth field.
Applicants must be:
– resident in a member state of the Council of Europe or state signatory of the European Cultural Convention;
– aged between 18 to 30 years;
– able to work in English, a knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be an asset;
– involved in a youth organisation or youth work project related to Euro-Arab cooperation, peacebuilding and/or to the UN Security Council Resolution 2250;
– able to share their experiences and ideas and be motivated to take full part in forum actively.
The working languages of the forum will be English and Arabic, with simultaneous interpretation provided during plenary sessions.
Participants are expected to arrive on 4 November to the European Youth Centre Budapest and depart on 9 November.
Full board and lodging at forum will be provided and paid for by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre in Budapest.
Participants’ travel and visa costs will be reimbursed by the Council of Europe.
Deadline to apply: 26 August 2019.
Read more here.