The Young Professionals Programme is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders.
Selected Young Professionals will be offered a 5-year term contract and spend 24 months in a structured training program, and enjoy a wealth of benefits and opportunities.
The Programme is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource and others; as well as to WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance.
Who can apply ?
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program:
- -Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after 1 October 1987);
- -Have PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience;
- -Be fluent in English;
- -Be fully proficient in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- -Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource and others;
- -Have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
How to apply ?
Applicants need to submit they application before the 30th June 2019, midnight EST.
It is required for applicants to have an updated CV, Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded. The essay should describe in fewer than 1,000 words, the applicants’ own contribution to the Bank’s mission (if they were to work for the World Bank Group) and the potential role of World Bank in ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity.
For further information, please follow this link.