In order to apply for an internship at NATO, you must fulfil all criteria outlined below:
- Age: you must be over 21 years of age at the time of your application.
- Nationality: you must be a citizen of a NATO member state.
- Educational Status: you must be a university student or a recent graduate (in other words, you have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago).
- Studies: if you are currently studying, you must have successfully completed at least two years of post-secondary studies and be enrolled in your third year at the time of your application.
- Languages: you must be thoroughly proficient in at least one of the official languages of the organization (English and French).
Internships will last 6 months.
There are two types of Internship opportunities at the Alliance: the NATO-Funded and the GRANT-funded Internship Programme.
The NATO-funded Internship Programme gives opportunity to a wide range of candidates, while the other opportunity is open for those, whose work is supported from outside sources. And while Candidates interested in a GRANT-funded opportunity can apply throughout the year, the call for the NATO-funded opportunity is open only once per year in Spring with two starting dates, in March and in September the following year.
More information on how to apply here