The programme consists of industrial placements for EU students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one week seminar on Japan,
- a four month intensive Japanese language course,
- an 8-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- citizens from EU Member States
- engineering or science students in the fields of computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, information, nuclear engineering, civil engineering, metal materials, ceramics, production system.
The European students are awarded grants (EUR 15,000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar and accommodation is provided during the seminar, the language course and the company traineeship.
Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic record, the opinion of their tutors, their knowledge of written and spoken English, their motivation, their attitude to EU-Japan relations and their ability to adapt to a different culture.
Dealine: 20 January 2012.
More information here