Students and nonprofessional writers from any nationality (but with exceptional written English skills) are invited to submit applications for this travel writing scholarship organised by World Nomads.
Entrants will have to write a 2500 character travel essay about a travel experience around one of the following themes:
- Making a local connection
- Out of my comfort zone
- A place I’ll never forget
Three aspiring writers will win a 10-day travel writing trip in the Balkans (Croatia, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kosovo).
The scholarships will cover:
- a round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Dubrovnik, Croatia where you will transfer to Herceg Novi, Montenegro;
- an exclusive travel-writing course under the mentorship of New York Times and Outside magazine contributor Tim Neville;
- 10-day trip with €1000 spending money including a free tour;
- adventure travel clothing woth $500 USD;
- a rail pass;
- travel insurance for the duration of the trip.
Deadline to apply: 21 March 2017.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/1Z7ZFs5