The scholarship is addressed to students with disabilities who are pursuing university degrees in the field of computer science at a university anywhere in Europe or Israel.
The scholarship aims to help dismantle barriers that prevent students with disabilities from entering computing, encourage them to excel in their studies and become active role models and leaders in creating technology.
Eligible applicants must:
- be currently enrolled at a university in Europe for the 2017-2018 academic year
- intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD program at a university in Europe for the 2018-2019 academic year
- be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- maintain a strong academic record
- exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- have a disability (deﬁned as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function). This deﬁnition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
The best candidates will each receive a 7,000 EUR scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Deadline to apply: 1 December 2017, 11:59 pm GMT.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/2fcoMNi