With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1.200 local information providers and partners in 34 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of national partners, who operates within the EU’s new Programme Erasmus +. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk brussels Link is seeking one highly motivated web editor intern.
The intern will assist with the editorial production of English content published on the European Youth Portal including the production on its future social media features.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to participate in all stages of content creation from inception to publishing.
Proposed length of internship is six (6) months.
- Write/edit news, articles, events on European opportunities for young people and those working with them;
- Update content through the content management system of the European Youth Portal (EYP);
- Assisting in monitoring EYP content developments;
- Assist in measuring the impact of the work of Eurodesk;
- Assist in editing and producing of Eurodesk online materials;
- Support the guiding EURODESK’s presence on social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
- Support in network activities and European level meetings and events;
- Provide assistance to the partners in the network with an emphasis on the EYP;
- Answering enquiries;
- Other duties as directed by the Director of the EBL office.
Profile and skills required
- An academic background in journalism, communication, politics, social science or equivalent is requested;
- Strong interest in youth policy and youth related issues;
- Excellent writing/editing skills in English;
- Experience with Content Management Systems, basic knowledge of HTML, good knowledge of video processing or graphic software;
- Detail oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Previous experience of working in NGOs, volunteering activities and/or participation in (international) youth activities are desirable;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium;
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian Convention d’immersion professionelle contract. The trainee receives a monthly allowance.
The traineeship is on a full time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English to: email@example.com
A pre selection on-line test will take place 19 July 2017.
Short-listed candidates should be available between 09h00-12h00 to receive and finalise the test on the 19 July 2017.
Interviews will take place on 27 & 28 July 2017 in Brussels or online.
The successful candidate should be available to start work on the 04 September 2017.
Deadline to apply: 16 July 2017 (midnight Brussels time).
Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/2rX4kTE