World Bank Youth Professionals Programme
Programme and objectives
The Young Professionals Programme is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders.
The Programme is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource and others; as well as to WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance.
Candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Selected Young Professionals will be offered a 5-year term contract and spend 24 months in a structured training program, and enjoy a wealth of benefits and opportunities. Overall this is an chance to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program:
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after 1 October 1985);
- Have PhD or Master’s degree or equivalent;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be fully proficient in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource and others;
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
Deadline: 28 July 2017.
For further information, please check the website: bit.ly/RlxlVJ