United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship programme
The UNAOC Fellowship Programme was created recognizing the need to build bridges between cultures and societies through dialogue and cooperation and to reinforce the political will and collective commitment to live together by strengthening mutual awareness and respect.
The programme aims to challenge cultural stereotypes and develop cross-cultural partnerships between peoples from different faiths and cultures. During two weeks, candidates will visit each other’s region and interact with a wide range of local actors and partners.
In 2018, the Fellowship Programme will focus on the role of civil society and the media in combatting hatred and fostering inclusion.
- Citizens from U.S., Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe plus Belarus (EUNA) and from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA),
- Be born between 1st January 1983 and 31st December 1993,
- Be available to travel for a period of 15 days in June or July 2018 as scheduled by the programme,
- EUNA candidates ( nationals from United States, Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe, plus Belarus) should have a passport valid at least 6 months beyond June 2018 (1st January 2019 and beyond),
- MENA candidates (nationals from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen) should have a passport valid at least 9 months beyond October 2018 (August 2019 and beyond),
- Working directly with youth in the field of peace-building and/or the prevention of violent extremism,
- Fluent in English.
How to apply
– complete the Fellowship Application in English
– answer accurately all the requested information and questions in the form
– make sure to attach all the documents required
– do not attach anything else but the documents required
Deadline: 8 April 2018, 23:59 EST.
Find out more: http://fellowship.unaoc.org