Eurodesk Brussels Link – Community manager internship
– Write/edit news, short articles, events on European opportunities for young people and those working with them.
– Update content through the content management system of the European Youth Portal (EYP) and revise existing content.
– Answering enquiries (daily basis);
– Manage Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mailchimp (newsletter) accounts
– Support in network activities and European level meetings and events;
– Support in managing deadlines and creating of database entries on the European Opportunity Finder (programmes.eurodesk.eu)
– Other related duties.
Profile and skills required
– An academic background in communication or equivalent experience is requested;
– Strong interest in youth related issues;
– Excellent writing/editing skills in English;
– Familiarity with Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress);
– Good knowledge social media trends;
– Sense of creativity;
– Detail oriented, energic, resourceful, and self-motivated;
– Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
– Previous experience of working in NGOs, volunteering activities and/or participation in (international) youth activities would be a plus;
– Have a valid work permit for Belgium (or being able to obtain)
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionelle” contract.
The trainee receives a monthly allowance (around 1.050 EUR/month).
The traineeship is on a full-time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: 6 July (midnight Brussels time).
A pre-selection on-line test will take place 9 July.
Short-listed candidates should be available between 09h00-12h00 to receive and finalise the test.
Interviews will take place on 13 July in Brussels or online. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate should be available to start working on 13 August 2018.