Eurodesk Brussels Link – Communication Intern
With a network of national coordinators connected to over 1.200 local information providers and partners in 34 European countries, Eurodesk is the main source of information on European policies and opportunities for young people and those who work with them. Eurodesk Brussels Link coordinates the activities of national partners, who operates within the EU’s new Programme Erasmus +. The network also updates and manages content on the European Youth Portal.
Eurodesk Brussels Link is seeking one communication intern with knowledge of graphic design.
The intern will assist the communication officer in carrying out communication campaigns and turning concepts into visual assets.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to participate in all stages of content creation from inception to publishing.
Proposed length of internship is six (6) months.
– Copywriting texts for communication materials;
– Able to initiate innovative designs/ideas for communication materials and campaigns;
– Assist in monitoring the developments of ongoing projects;
– Assist in designing visual assets such as posters, banners, flyers etc.
– Assist in writing newsletters and designing the layouts of them;
– Supporting Eurodesk’s presence on social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
– Assist in running surveys to improve services;
.Other duties as directed by the director of the office
Profile and skills required
– An academic background in communication, graphic design or equivalent is requested;
– Excellent writing/editing skills in English;
– Excellent visual skills with a lot of creativity;
– Good knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus;
– Interest in youth policy and youth related issues;
– Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, international environment;
– Have a valid work permit for Belgium.
An agreement will be made according to the Belgian Convention d’immersion professionelle contract. The trainee receives a monthly allowance.
The traineeship is on a full time basis in line with the regular working hours of Eurodesk Brussels Link (38h/week).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a concise application letter (max. 1 page) in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre selection on-line test will take place 19 July 2017.
Short-listed candidates should be available between 09h00 – 12h00 to receive and finalise the test on the 19 July 2017.
Interviews will take place on 27 & 28 July 2017 in Brussels or online.
The successful candidate should be available to start work on the 04 September 2017.
Deadline to apply: 16 July 2017 (midnight Brussels time).
Only candidates short-listed for the test will be contacted.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/2sdcUBD