DiscoverEU is a new EU initiative that from 29th November at 12:00 (CET) to 11th December at 12:00 (CET), will be giving, for the second time, at least to 12 000 young people the opportunity to travel across Europe.
Who can apply
– young people who are 18 years old on 31 December 2018 (born between 1st January 2000, included, and 31st December 2000 included);
– with a nationality of one of the Member States of the European Union;
How to apply
– fill in your ID or passport number on the online application form;
– start your journey in one of the EU Member States;
– plan to travel from 1 day and up to one month;
– plan to travel between 15 April 2019 (first departure date) and 31 October 2019 (last return date);
– plan to travel to at least one EU Member State;
– are willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador and report back on your travel experiences, for example through social media tools like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #DiscoverEU. But you can also give a presentation at your school or at your local community.
Note: If you travelled with DiscoverEU under the first 2018 application round, then you are not eligible to apply for this round.
Entrants can apply as individuals or as a group of maximum 5 people. For groups, a group leader should be appointed. The group leader fills in the application form and participates in the quiz and tie-breaker question. S/He will receive a code when submitting the application, which s/he should then communicate to the group members to allow their registration. Based on the code provided by the group leader, the remaining group members can then register online, and fill in their personal data. All members of the group need to be 18 years old as well.
Must be submitted through the European Youth Portal from 29th November at 12:00 (CET) to 11th December at 12:00 (CET).
They will have to answer 5 multiple choice quiz questions and 1 subsidiary question.
Young people with special needs are welcome to participate in DiscoverEU.
They will be helped with information and tips, and costs of special assistance (accompanying person, dog for visually impaired applicants, etc.) might be covered.
Selected participants can travel between a minimum of 1 day and up to one month inclusive. The journey must take place between 15th April 2019 (first start date) and 31st October 2019 (last return date).
Find out more: https://europa.eu/youth/discovereu_en
Join #DiscoverEU Facebook Group to follow the travellers’ adventures.