The European Youth Award (EYA) is a pan-European contest for young people, start-ups and social entrepreneurs (under the age of 33) creating digital projects with impact on society.
The categories are :
1. Healthy Life: healthcare, sports, food, well-being;
2. Smart Learning: education, infotainment, e-skills, science and R & D;
3. Connecting Cultures: diversity, heritage, integration, gender equality, music;
4. Go Green: sustainable energy, biodiversity, climate change, intelligent infrastructures;
5.Active Citizenship: digital journalism, democratic participation, social cohesion, human rights;
6. Sustainable Economics: financial literacy, employment, decent work, end hunger;
7. Open Innovation: disruptive apps, crazy stuff, digital magic, improving the world;
8. Special Category 2017: WATER blue planet, drinking water, sanitation, water management.
The European Youth Award will honor up to 3 winners (persons or teams) per category. One producer or representative of the winning project will be invited to the EYA Festival (Winners Event), to present the project, product or application there and receive the award personally.
Travel costs will be covered with a lump sum.
Accommodation will be provided. The EYA Festival will take place in Graz (Austria), from 29th November to 2nd December 2017.
Deadline: 15th July 2017.
Find out more here